Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Shower Fun

I LOVE hosting family events, especially baby showers and bridal/wedding showers! Yesterday we had a wonderful shower and enjoyed great food, wonderful stories, and a very fun and fulfilling activity. I got the activity from a GG episode I loved years ago.

We gathered stencils, fabric markers, fabric paints, cardboard pieces (thanks to our many moving boxes), some plain white onesies, and some plain white toddler t-shirts. I prepared by covering a table with a couple of tablecloths (the top one was plastic) and inserting cardboard pieces inside the onesies and t-shirts to protect against bleeding.

To be honest, I expected the only people interested in the activity would be the kids, but it turned out to be a big hit with the adults. A crowd quickly gathered as everyone wanted to watch the creativity unfold, learn some tricks, and get some ideas for their upcoming turns.

Overall, it was a huge hit! I look forward to doing the project more in the future! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment