Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ch, ch, ch, changes!

Changes. Yup, you guessed it, there are changes going on, and not just in the plants around us experiencing the miracle of Spring. In preparation for the baby I hope to carry soon (still nothing to report there), I've been making some changes. As I reported before, my lifestyle didn't need a complete overhaul because I am not really that far from healthy as it is, but I needed some extra help (thanks to my Dr. Miracle-Worker) and needed to step up my exercise if I wanted to see quicker results.

Well folks, I am happy to report that I've been kicking butt and taking names (not literally, although I can if necessary... just kidding...). I walk daily for a minimum of 45 minutes (around a local path on my lunch break, totaling 2.4 miles for 4 laps... if time allows, I like to walk more), work on toning, tightening, and sculpting with some aerobic-type exercise routines at home, and balance exercise (output) with nutrition (intake).

I can't say that I follow a good, strict diet. I splurge when I want, but even the doctor agreed that this method is healthy but sustainable. I work my butt off to rid myself of the excess indulgences. I also drink a gallon of nice, cold, refreshing water each day.

The results so far? Well, let me preface by saying that doctors (including mine) say that you should expect to lose 3-4 lbs. a month. My results? Well, since February 18th, I have lost 12 lbs. Of course, I'm trying to trim just a couple more pounds before my next appointment, but I have certainly met that 3-4 lbs. rule, haven't I?

The secret? Am I using a diet/weight loss/fat-burning pill? NOPE! :) The secret is exactly what my doctor said. (I'll paraphrase.) You need three things (like a stool standing on three legs): nutrition, exercise, and hormonally-balanced body. That last part is where my fertility doctor came in handy. All my previous efforts were wasted because my body just couldn't respond appropriately to my hard work. Now, my body is jumping up and down celebrating that everything is working right, so it is very willing to shape up in response to my work.

Yippee! My hard work is paying off! Now I just want to burn these couple of pounds off as a little extra boost for my next appointment. :)

4 comments:

  1. we continue to pray for your efforts for a baby...you guys deserve that blessing

    Dan Schneider

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan! We definitely appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss! And prayers from here too concerning a baby.

    ReplyDelete