I guess it is time for another update. Today, the update will be about how crazy I must be to take classes full-time right now. WHY DID I DO THIS?!?!? ;-)
Okay, seriously, I know I'm working and taking classes so that I can make the best use of this time in our marriage and in my own life. I have less than I year till I graduate with my BA, which will hopefully open up a lot of doors that have otherwise been closed to me.
Realistically, I know plenty of people (including relatives) who have undertaken full-time education, full-time employment, and taken care of children and husbands all simultaneously. That was part of my childhood, in fact, as my mom spent a few years doing that.
I, on the other hand, have no children to take care of right now, just other family commitments, 2 fur babies, a wonderful husband, full-time (40+ hours a week) job, and these full-time classes (12 credit hours per semester).
I am fortunate to have this opportunity before we have kids and before our life gets overly complicated. I am fortunate in this economy to HAVE a job to balance with education and family life. I am fortunate to have the access to online education that allows me to take these classes through a fully-accredited state university without having to commute or walk a college campus at night.
Still, I have moments of pure CRAZINESS when I feel totally overwhelmed with this undertaking. God gets me through this with the help of my family, friends, and husband to uplift and encourage me. I'm eternally grateful!
So... what's the latest news in the midst of this semester?
1) I have approximately 9 months until graduation.
2) We are working on some other improvements to our life that we won't publicize just yet.
3) God has plans and we just have to sit back and let Him work!
Until next time... Let go and let God!
~Ash~
Ashley, it's true several of us in the family have done this, but that doesn't make it any easier! I think we all understand the craziness you're feeling. Hang in there -- you're doing great! It will all be done before you know it. Love you, and I'm proud of you!
ReplyDeleteI like all three. :-) hang in there sis, it will be worth it.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! You all are awesome!
ReplyDelete