I feel like I need to update my blog. I haven't written in a little while, so it must be about time.
I'm just feeling good about things nowadays. I have things I still want to accomplish (career, education, MOTHERHOOD!!!), but I'm happy with where I am and who I am. I'm happy with the roles I play too. I'm happy with myself and my life.
I know someone somewhere is griping. I've been that person. Heck, I may be there again in a day or two (let's be honest), but I'm enjoying today while I can.
So what am I so happy about? Well, I'm happy to be family-focused. I'm happy that Matt and I play the roles that we do in our family. We are pretty relaxed about most things. When we plan family gatherings, we don't go to a LOT of trouble, for the most part, because that just contributes to stress and anxiety. We see family gatherings as opportunities to enjoy family (and friends we call family) with some food and other entertainment mixed in. We don't make the occasions into big affairs because we'd rather relax. We usually say, "Hey, come on over. If you want to bring something, we could use this or that, or we know for sure we will have this and you are welcome to bring something to go with it." We enjoy having people around who contribute positivity, love, and joy to gatherings. Our house is filled with love and joy from God above, and we love sharing that with anyone we can. Having people over makes us happy, and we enjoy spending time with people like that.
(I'm going to go on a tangent here, I feel it, but I'm just going to let it go...) You know, everyone has trouble at some point, and I know I certainly struggle with my own troubles (my big one is negativity, that is my greatest struggle), but it helps to surround yourself with uplifting, loving, encouraging people. It is easy to get into a cycle that tears you apart or puts barriers up, causing a lot of destruction and pain. I've seen plenty of that. I have also seen people try to force resolutions and force people to break down barriers. Here's the thing (soap box time), and I may be misquoting this, but it is too late in the night for me to care (frankly), "Good fences make for good neighbors". Sometimes those barriers are for a good reason. Sometimes people are bad for each other. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses. Peacemakers can try relentlessly to force peace and force friendships, but sometimes you need a healthy barrier/fence to keep the people on each side happy and healthy.
So when I say I'm happy, let me just tell you, I'm really, truly, undeniably happy! :) Why else am I happy? Well, I'm working some more on my education with some classes in Early Childhood Education that are necessary for my job and for furthering my career goals. I don't have financial aid or scholarships helping me out. I pay for the classes from my hard-earned income, but I appreciate my education because I'm earning it myself. It serves me well and serves my classroom, employer, community, and future children. I actually love learning, so I'm happy about that too. I love learning about all kinds of things (hence the millions of majors I've had, lol).
Anyway, my brain is saying it is time for sleep, so let me sign off.
Just know, my friends, that I am filled with a deep and everlasting joy, happiness, love, and at the moment some medicine for my recovering back. Hahaha. :)
LOVE, me :0D
No comments:
Post a Comment